My kids love Hawaii. They are good travelers anyway, but they especially love Hawaii. Beaches, sun, sand, all the smoothies they can drink, who wouldn't?
Here are 5 tips that save money and reduce stress...
1. Reserve a condo or a hotel room with a kitchenette. A hotel room can seem pretty small even with 2 small kids. It will save money and time to have breakfast in your room just pick up some breakfast foods at a grocery store. Even if you like to go out for breakfast it's convenient to have food for the kids in between meals.
2. Forget lugging boogie boards on your trip, pick them up when you arrive. In Maui, you pass a discount super center on your way to Kaanapali or Wailea so stop in and pick up water toys. Don't forget snacks too.
3. Hiking is something special in Hawaii. There is no shortage of great hiking trails on each of the islands that will take you to views you just won't see any other way.
4. Find calm beaches, look for the leeward side of the island and gently rolling surfs. Oahu - Waikiki, Maui - Kaanapali Beach, The Big Island - Kahalu'u Beach Park and Kauai - Poipu.
5. Take the Red Eye flight back to the mainland. Enjoy another full day on the islands and then settle in for an overnight flight back. Kids can generally sleep anywhere and you won't have to worry about how to occupy their time.
8 Tips to Make Flying with Kids Easier
I have been in the travel industry for over 25 years, as a flight attendant, travel agent and travel writer. I think all travelers should have the kind of inside information that professional travelers have. The business has changed over the years and those on the front lines deserve a lot of credit. And what they know can help all of us get more out of our travel experience.